Windows Azure is a cloud computing platform, which is quite popular with enterprises. It’s enhanced security measures are conducive for companies to utilize the platform in the present as well as the future.
With the advent of the cloud computing platforms, enterprises are experiencing a paradigm shift in development wherein they need to consider the cloud perspective. Designing and building new applications need to be done with respect to the cloud architecture too. The key factors responsible for hosting applications to the cloud include flexibility, scalability, reduced costs, 24 x 7 availability, geographical access and lower total cost of ownership.
Cloud computing involves data storage in the cloud including the SDKs and databases. It allows execution in various forms and even trounces enterprise boundaries. Execution of codes in robust infrastructure is managed efficiently and in an elastic fashion in the cloud, meaning that it is reliable and set according to pre-defined quality parameters ensured as per current actual requirements.
It supports multiple languages and integrates with your present infrastructure and environment. To build applications for Windows Azure, one can utilize their existing Microsoft Visual Studio expertise. Additionally, Microsoft Azure is known to align with popular standards, protocols and languages which makes it an efficient and secure cloud platform.
Though Azure development supports PHP or Java, .NET is the prime and preferred language for developers. After installing the Azure SDK, which contains a set of client classes for managed .NET API, one can proceed with development of applications and databases. The local deployment environment is made up of the “Development Fabric,” for deployment of applications, and the “Development Storage,” for a mock-up of cloud storage services. During normal development, developers can simultaneously deploy and debug through the development environment.
Here are some of the most important benefits of Microsoft Windows Azure which guarantees enhanced security, than many other cloud platforms:
- Agility: Developers would find a host of development tools to take advantage including automated service management and increased data center presence internationally to respond faster to diverse customer needs. With its agility, enterprises can focus on spelling out competitive differentiators, and explore new markets for expansion.
- Efficiency: Windows Azure is known for delivering improved productivity and high operational efficiency because of reduced capital costs. Customers and partners can actually realize a huge reduction in total cost of operations as well as reduced workloads in a short period of about three years. Windows Azure relies on consumption based pricing, discounted packages and personalized offerings for partners thus lowering the overall barrier to make foray into cloud services adoption for the first time and thus boosting a predictable IT spend.
- Focus on Value: The prime reason for Windows Azure Focus on delivering services and value to your customers – and not on infrastructure management. Windows Azure enables enterprises to spend time in countering threats of security by allowing to spend less time on operational hurdles and helping you to focus on crucial competitive differentiators.
- Simplicity: Make use of existing developmental skills in familiar languages such as .NET, and even open source languages like Java and PHP to create and manage applications and services.
- Trustworthy: Windows Azure delivers enterprise-class service with reliable service level agreements based on Microsoft’s incredible services experience.
Microsoft Windows Azure Cloud Computing provides developers with a flexible compute and storage facility for hosting, scaling and managing web applications through data centers.