The rapid proliferation of ‘smart devices’ in every aspect of our lives has completely transformed the way businesses work. The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the Internet working of such physical devices and the so called ‘smart devices’ to enable them to collect and exchange data among themselves. It’s about seamlessly connecting a diverse set of things that matter the most to your business. It also enables you to tap into the available data and uncover actionable intelligence that can completely transform the way you operate your business! Microsoft Azure offers a cloud computing platform that is created by Microsoft that provides Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) through their global network of Microsoft Managed data-centers. It also serves as a bridge between the IoT devices and the data networks so that they are efficiently connected and are able to transmit data using the internet protocols.
Microsoft Azure can be effectively leveraged from, to support your business’ IoT cloud.
- It offers businesses with Infrastructure as a Service, development and deployment of web and mobile applications with features for API management. It also offers storage services and provides REST and SDK APIs for storing and accessing data on the cloud. Data management can be either NoSQL or with Database as a Service which includes the SQL database or unstructured and cached cloud storage.
- Businesses can take advantage of the pre configured solutions and accelerate the development of their IoT cloud solutions.
- New devices can be easily added and you can also connect to existing ones with great ease by using SDKs for multiple platforms including Linux, Windows as well as real time operating systems.
- Azure is globally available and enables businesses to scale from just a few sensors to millions of simultaneously connected devices.
- Businesses can easily collect the previously untapped data and use the built-in capabilities to visualize and act on that data.
- It eliminates the need to manage complex infrastructure and software and allows you to set up real time analytics by using SQL based syntax efficiently and in a highly resilient way.
- It has a vast algorithm library to extend the predictive analytics solutions and machine learning solutions.
- It’s easy to integrate with your systems and applications – including Salesforce, SAP and Oracle Database.
- Has enhanced security features with per device authentication where you can set up individual identities and credentials for each of your connected devices so as to maintain confidentiality of cloud-to-device as well as device-to-cloud messages.
Above all, cloud administrators get excellent features for managing, scheduling as well as running automated jobs. The overall operating efficiency is greatly improved with the implementation of Microsoft Azure for your business’ IoT Cloud.
We have already worked with diversified cloud computing providers in both private and public domains. To discover the benefits of a Cloud Based Solutions for Modern Businesses.