The arrival of wearables is increasingly becoming significant for any of the pharma requisitions. Everybody can say this is my data and this is my question. The insights, analytics and visualizations helps to boost patient health, improve outcomes, streamline manual processes and facilitate exploration of newer avenues in medical research and epidemiology.
ANALYTICAL INSIGHTS OFFERED
1. Wearables can be employed for monitoring and gathering vital data pertaining to patients in real time as well as historic modes.
2. Cardiac health can be monitored by making the patient use wearable which will continuously collect and transmit data for comprehensive analysis in and off clinic.
3. Data from diverse segments of wearers can be aggregated for carrying out epidemiological studies. Healthcare analysts can classify the data based on demographic, geographic and activity level wise considerations which would provide analytical insights.
4. Wearable devices can be coupled with smartphones with inbuilt GPS for transmitting coordinates and relevant data to the nearest clinic when an emergency arises.
5. Surgeons putting on smart glasses can keep track of patient’s vital symptoms and critical medical apparatus in real time while the operation is underway.
Patient with proven history of a particular ailment can be alerted when the symptoms become severe to manage. For example, the intelligent platform can collect and analyse the vital signs of the patient with cardiac problem and can decisively tell if the heart rate surge is because of exercise or an aggravation of heart ailment calling for immediate medical intervention.
Patient’s health can be mapped comprehensively with the aid of wearable devices. This helps curb healthcare costs as doctors can suggest remedial measures beforehand. Doctors can address concerns prior to landing of the patients in emergency room. The holistic information offered also help doctors motivate patients, especially with chronic illnesses, better and convince them about taking preventive measures all along. Easily understandable data generated by wearable analytics also compel patients to be circumspect of potential consequences which can surface if they don’t’ pay attention to doctor’s advice. Medical costs can be slashed as patients become more engaged and doctors get accurate information in real time.
Medical insurance providers will be able to adjust the insurance terms and future premiums based on patient’s current rate of recovery and the degree of deviation.
Medical practitioners would be able to fully leverage the limitless potential of wearable technology keeping in perspective the fact that the platform will be completely compatible with cost competitive systems. This would also enable the apps to run directly.